Marketing-Sales: Two Worlds, One Mission [Funny Video]
Everyone knows about the marketing/sales divide. There's a lot of talk about it. A lot of solutions that claim to solve it. A lot of "thought leaders" who say they know the secrets to fixing it.
The truth is that every company has to find its own way to help marketing and sales work together. Like any topic in business, the "how to" blog posts can only get you so far, and if you're like me, after you've read enough of those, you get kind of sick of the talking heads all saying the same things.
That's why it's amazing when a company finds a way to talk about issues like "smarketing" in a fresh way.
If you've ever worked in marketing or sales, you'll probably recognize yourself and/or some of your colleagues in this video. It's worth a watch if you need a laugh:
A few takeaways from the video:
1. What a great example of inbound marketing strategy.
2. A truth nugget on salespeople:
"I don't like being measured and I don't like being told what to do. I'm in sales!"
- Don't hand over top-of-funnel leads, like those generated from an ebook download. Nurture them first and pass them on when they're more qualified.
- Show that you value their perspectives perspectives by asking them what prospects and customers are saying during sales calls. Collect a list o frequently asked questions, for example. It can be a great way to generate content ideas and inspire future content collaborations with sales.
- Measure what marketing tactics help sales close the most deals so you can always prove your work is generating ROI.
3. A truth nugget on marketers:
What tactics have you employed to bridge the gap between marketing & sales? Did this video ring true for you?