The internet is flooded with educational resources on inbound marketing.
If you don’t believe me, just try searching “inbound marketing” in Google. The number of results you’ll see is -- drum roll please -- 8,130,000.
If you’re totally new to inbound, you can quickly get overloaded by the sheer amount of content out there.
There are only so many blogs, eBooks, and podcasts you can digest in a day. And not all of the content you’ll find in a Google search is targeted for inbound beginners.
The Solution: Inbound Marketing Certification
HubSpot’s Inbound Marketing Certification is by far the most valuable resource for the fledgling inbounder.
The course is basically a boot camp that covers all the essential elements of inbound methodology in theory and practice.
It’s perfect for business owners, sales managers, new marketers, and even experienced marketers who want to hone their skills.
The best part: it’s free and available to anyone, so you don’t even have to be a HubSpot customer to benefit from their training.
What You’ll Learn
The course covers 12 fundamental aspects of inbound marketing and offers best practices and tips to make your own marketing strategy more effective.
Each section includes a series of videos, a PowerPoint, and a study guide to highlight the most important information.
The goal is to teach you each component of the inbound methodology (attract, convert, close, and delight). Here’s a look at the classes:
- Essentials of an Effective Inbound Strategy
- Optimizing Your Website for Search Engines
- Creating Content with a Purpose
- The Fundamentals of Blogging
- Amplifying Your Content with Social Media
- Enticing Clicks with Calls-to-Action
- The Anatomy of a Landing Page
- Guiding the Next Step with Thank You Pages
- Sending the Right Email to the Right Person
- The Power of Smarketing
- Taking Your Sales Process Inbound
- The Pillars of Delight
The videos add up to 4 hours, 21 minutes, and 17 seconds of training. Within that span of time, you’ll get a comprehensive overview of everything inbound.
To become officially certified, you have to pass a 60-question exam. They give you 75 minutes to complete it, and you have to score 75% or better.
How to Pass the Exam
No, of course you can’t cheat.
There’s only one way to pass the exam: you have to work very, very hard.
Earning a HubSpot certification is no cake walk. Expect to put a lot of effort into watching the videos, taking notes, and absorbing the study materials.
Yes, it will take time and concentration, but that’s actually a good thing. Getting HubSpot certified wouldn’t be as meaningful if it were easy.
Here are a few tips to help you pass.
- Focus. I failed the test the first time because I kept trying to multitask while watching the videos. It would have taken me a lot less time if I’d have cleared a few hours in my schedule and concentrated the first time around.
- Don’t try to “cram.” Passing the test is not about regurgitating facts and figures. HubSpot includes a lot of situational questions that ensure you fully understand inbound concepts and know how they work in practice.
- Don’t worry if you fail. You get three chances to pass each month, so just keep studying and try again.
- Take a few practice questions. They are available in the study guide to help you prepare.
Why Get Certified?
Certification not only is a great source of education, it also introduces you to the rest of HubSpot’s educational resources. Inbound marketing is a dynamic field that changes fast, and HubSpot is the place to go to keep learning your craft.
When you become a more effective marketer, you’ll see greater results from your strategies and tactics. HubSpot's Inbound Marketing Certification is the perfect starting point for successful inbound marketing.
Once you’ve got the inbound fundamentals down, let us help you launch your marketing program with our Inbound Marketing Resource Pack.