Blogging for your business includes a plethora of moving parts. At the basic level, decisions are made on the length of posts, the frequency of publishing, and how the posts will be promoted.
Depending on your industry and the goals you are trying to achieve, strategies and tactics can vary dramatically. However, it's nice to gauge the tendencies of other bloggers to keep a pulse on any trends.
For the past three years, the folks over at Orbit Media Studios have been surveying the habits of professional bloggers. This year's report includes data from more than 1,000 respondents. What did they find out?
Key blogging trends from 2016 include:
- Bloggers are putting more time and effort into each post
- Content is getting longer and more visual
- Blogging frequency has dipped, as fewer bloggers publish daily
- Paid advertisements and email promotion are up
- Bloggers are embracing analytics more