In their latest annual report, CMI identified four major differentiators between highly effective content marketers and the rest of the pack.
What makes the top content marketers more effective?
- They understand what successful content marketing looks like.
- They document their content marketing strategy.
- They document their editorial mission statement.
- They communicate frequently with their team.
Whether you're dipping your toes into content marketing in the way of blogging, or you're developing full-blown inbound marketing campaigns complete with premium content offers, lead nurturing, and marketing automation, the above differentiators still apply – and everything starts with a strategy.
Looking specifically for inbound marketing stats and trends?
Download the most comprehensive report here >>
B2B Content Marketing Trends in 2017
To help inform your strategy moving forward, it's great to learn about the challenges, priorities, and opportunities other B2B marketers are facing as well. Digital Marketing Philippines created the infographic below – using data from CMI and other sources – to highlight some of the trends.
- 70% of B2B marketers are expecting to produce more content in 2017 than compared to 2016
- 79% of B2B marketers are using analytics tools to measure their content marketing efforts
- 62% are currently implementing an editorial calendar
- 89% of B2B marketers are currently using content marketing
- of the 11% that are not using content marketing, 52% say they have plans to start within the next 12 months
As a HubSpot Partner Agency, we recommend digging into HubSpot's annual report, The State of Inbound, to gain even more insight on best practices and trends for inbound marketers. This 65-page report will provide you with some of the most informed predictions for the future of marketing and sales you’re likely to find.