The following video is the third of six snippets from a presentation we did on Business Blogging. In it, Donna explains how to create content your target audience will not only read but love.
To summarize, she suggests starting with a few key questions:
- What are the client/customer's key questions and needs?
- How can your team generate content that addresses those questions and needs?
Pro-tip: Get your marketing and sales teams (customer service if you have them too) together in one room to discuss the questions and concerns they hear from prospects and customers. It's a great way to generate content ideas while creating team alignment around the true needs of customers. Read more about setting up this meeting here.
- Interviews - Are there influencers or thought leaders you can interview on key topics?
- Success stories - Is there a customer who would be willing to talk about the value your product or service provided?
- Informational posts - Your chance to answer questions you hear from clients or react to timely news
- Special events and upcoming holidays - Is there a creative way you can piggy back on events that are already top-of-mind for your target audience?