Many businesses are jumping into video as part of their inbound marketing efforts. However, getting started with the medium can be challenging.
That's exactly why we assembled some very talented video strategists and creators during the latest Twin Cities HubSpot User Group (TCHUG) meetup.
How to Incorporate Video into Your Inbound Marketing Strategy
The panel discussion included the following video marketing professionals:
- Ed Heil, owner and founder of StoryTeller Media + Communications, a HubSpot agency in St. Louis Park.
- Tim Lewis, owner of Mastcom, a certified veteran owned Minneapolis video production company.
- Ryan Peña, Social Media Manager and video specialist at MentorMate, a complex software solutions company.
- Erica Hanna, owner of Puke Rainbows, a company that specializes in video content, strategy, and also in leading workshops on creating video using smartphones.
Here's a quick highlight reel of the event at the A-Mill Artist Lofts on Wednesday, May 24.
Top 10 takeaways from the discussion on video and inbound marketing:
- The smartphone has revolutionized how we create and consume video content.
- Video is a great way to tell stories that help people connect with a brand.
- People have the desire to experience something for the first time. Video is an efficient way to facilitate that experience.
- If you're looking to break through using video, start with company events, testimonials, and/or FAQs.
- Make sure your video strategy is aligned with your overall business goals and inbound marketing strategy.
- Have a plan to promote videos on your website and different hosting platforms such as Facebook and YouTube.
- Wistia and Vidyard allow you to track viewer engagement directly in HubSpot.
- Develop KPIs to measure the success of your video marketing efforts.
- Keep an eye on new video marketing trends, such as 360 degree video, interactive video, personalized video experiences, and the influence of artificial intelligence on video creation.
- Just jump in and get started creating videos for your business!
Thanks to everyone who attended and a special shout-out to our exert panelists! For more information about upcoming quarterly meetups sponsored by Denamico and Media Junction, check out the TCHUG site.
Why should you attend an upcoming meeting?
We are an informal group of inbound marketing professionals that meet in person to learn about inbound marketing best practices and how to get the most out of using HubSpot software. Members include current and prospective HubSpot customers as well as agency professionals.
You will meet other HubSpot customers, share inbound marketing tips and learn best practices. TCHUG is for you if you enjoy:
- A-ha! moments
- Knowing what’s working for other businesses
- Connecting directly with guest speakers from Hubspot
- Connecting with inbound marketing peers